Wow. When I hit that button and deactivated Facebook I sighed in joy and relief. Immediately it felt like it was a great decision to take time off of it for a season.
My new focus in the interim is to keep up with the Conservative Partnership Institute (CPI) founded by the Honorable Jim DeMint. I am really excited about CPI’s vested interest in supporting true Conservative ideas. Even more so, I am thrilled at how CPI plans to work with members of Congress and Conservative organizations to work together on pressing forward with those ideas.
If you have not yet donated to CPI then you are hereby personally invited to support the cause. Click here to donate online or you can download a copy of the donor form to send in a check.
Several weeks ago I thought about going off Facebook. Then the scandal hit. Well, it actually has been hitting for years, it just became blatantly obvious to millions as it got picked up in the news.
So by Tuesday midmorning I will take a sabbatical from my Facebook. You can find me here, Instagram, and on Twitter. Well, Twitter for a while longer. I am thinking about going off it too.
Cheerio until next time.
- Facebook scrambling to explain why Zuckerberg could pluck his messages out of other people’s inboxes
- Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak leaves Facebook over treatment of users’ private data
- Why You Shouldn’t Delete Facebook After The Cambridge Analytica Scandal
My first introduction to Matthew VanDyke was by way of Glenn Beck’s program:
The organization Matt founded, Sons of Liberty International (SOLI), spoke to my heart then and continues to speak to my heart today. Please check out the website. Please take the time to go through each page and then, if what SOLI is doing to help others help themselves speaks to you too, please consider becoming a supporting member today.
“Sons of Liberty International (SOLI) was founded by international security analyst Matthew VanDyke in recognition of the failure of the international community and governments to adequately protect the defenseless and support those struggling for freedom around the world. There needed to be an organization capable of on-the-ground action to help those whom the international system had failed. SOLI was created to enable those abandoned by the international community to take action in defense of themselves and their people, and to combat those forces that seek to harm and oppress them.”
The rise of a third party will probably increase the power to the Progressive Party for a long run. I agree with the premise we should vote for honest, upright candidates not for a party and we should point out the who’s who voting for the Progressive Party Platform.
Mick Mulvaney gave a great interview on Fox News, as far as questions were asked but apparently interest rates will spike or could if they do not keep the economy going.
So my question is: For the next two years do we really believe, with this betrayal by bundled bills, Congressional Leaders will take back excessive spending practices by the power of the purse when they pull these kind of stunts with excessive spending and bailouts?
The meager tax reform bill that was passed, the one the House GOP and Leaders keep patting themselves on their backs about, is a total joke with the passing of the current excessive spending in this two year bill.
Bottom line: Mike Lee plainly and succinctly explains it here:
Thank you Thomas Massie and Mike Lee for being men of consequence.
- It’s time for the Forgotten Man Caucus: Our freedom is not to be bartered away.
- What happened to ‘combat standards won’t be lowered’?
- LAUDABLE PURSUIT by Senator Mike Lee
I do not have malicious software on my computer therefore, Facebook, I do not need your stinking scanner to clean my device. And I can quit Facebook without missing it in the least. Thank you very much. Good day.
Taking a break after writing every day for 365 days has been absolutely wonderful. Yes, it has been fantastic to not blog every day. No, I did not miss writing every day. It became a chore. Nonetheless, I am back, Baby! Four days free and I am back!
Speaking of back… mine is doing much better. It will be three weeks on the 6th since that major bum & back whack. The tendons and muscles are doing well. Probably another three weeks and I should be back on track for light to moderate working out. I am so ready to get back in the box. Rowing and CrossRope are calling my name.
In the meantime, the house is officially on the market. It is in excellent shape. Doggies still think they are in Doggie Heaven. And I am enjoying the laidback feelings of my neighborhood and the beauty of my home until it sells.
Glad we have plenty of time to hang and are in no rush to sell.
There are so many irritating things happening today that I cannot speak. Or write about them. Harumph!
Suffice it to say, COME ON PEOPLE! Pull yourselves together.
Now on to the good things fortoday.
- I got to see Debbie Wright Dunn! She was at the Green Room Cafe and you just do not know how much joy that brought me! We got to catch up on so much news and we prayed together. It was wonderful.
- On the way home I stopped by Cocoa Beach Surf Company off of 520 but they closed the store down! Broke my heart! Thank goodness the main store was still going. There was a truly kind young man who was wonderful on the floor. Impressive sales clerk, personable and great at customer service.
- Then I had a great shopping experience at Bealls in Rockledge. Delightful checkout experience.
- After that I headed to Paradise Ford for their New Owners evening. Great feast was laid out for those attending. They gave me a Paradise Ford mug and at the end of the evening I got a $20 gift card. It was really nice. Great staff, very attentive and helpful. They answered every question.
Now I need to hurry and go to bed before something irritating happens. I would like to end on a good note after a most irritating day.