Today I visited my Congressman’s home page and saw he has a 2017 Constituent Survey up. Here is my response to Bill Posey’s first eight survey statements:
Dear Bill Posey:
To answer your 2017 Constituent Survey:
1) Yes it is important to always temporarily restrict travel from nations that we know pose a serious national security threat to the United States of America.
2) Social Security is a nightmare. It has grown larger and more out of control than it was ever meant to be. It was originally designed to help people in their last years when they could not work, not the disaster it is now is become. It is a ponzi scheme therefore, your poll statement is horrible and is absolutely the wrong discussion to press forward. Read this Social Security Primer.
3) Yes. Put a five year-ban on White House and Congressional officials from becoming lobbyists after they leave government service.
4) Yes. Cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities and begin removing criminal and illegal immigrants.
5) Secure the border and ENFORCE CURRENT IMMIGRATION first before you start a web of new laws to reform what is probably not broken.
6) Yes. A border wall/barrier is reasonable and an effective part of keeping illegals out.
7) YES to Fully Repeal ObamaCare and Get Government OUT of Health Care. RESTORE THE FREE MARKET.
- And by the way, Speaker Ryan’s AHCA stinks so NO to the #Ryanocare bill, just to be clear:
8) NAFTA needs improvement so be sure to break open transparent discussions on the subject as you move forward on what should happen next.
- A Challenging Road Ahead for Our New US Trade Representative
- Should the North American Free Trade Agreement be Scrapped?
Part 2, with 9-15 tomorrow. #MakeDCListen