Full Disclosure: I was AGAINST #Obamacare before I was FOR #FullRepeal.
WHEW! What a relief that Speaker Ryan pulled that horrible bill. Hope he really heard the American Voters this time because he, evidently, forgot what he heard the first time.
IF what Ryan says is true, about coming “really close”, it is disturbing. It makes the House Freedom Caucus more important than ever to ensure Ryanocare, or anything close to it, dies an ignominious death.
That said, read these articles first and then watch the news conference with Speaker Ryan. Ask yourself if, for 7 years of trying, it is rather confusing as to why the Speaker did not begin with the 2015 bill put on Obama’s desk. Why wasn’t the 2015 bill, passed by in the House and Senate, not on Trump’s desk back in January?
- Rand Paul, Jim Jordan Buck Leadership by Reviving 2015 Obamacare Repeal
- 6 Lawmakers Promise to Reject Obamacare Legislation That Doesn’t Repeal as Much as 2015 Bill Did
- Conservatives Offer Solution to Repeal Obamacare, Defund Planned Parenthood: Pass 2015 Bill Again
- GOP cave on Obamacare repeal is the biggest broken promise in political history (read this over and over again. Then ask Paul Ryan, why?)
- Failure Of Health Care Bill Is An Indictment Of GOP Leadership
- RINOcare lesson for Trump: Work with conservatives, not with the swamp