In the end it never goes well for Republicans to compromise. So why are they doing it with the AHCA today?
In the beginning “they” voted for the 2015 Repeal Bill but “they” chose to ignore that same bill again in 2017 on Day 1 of the Trump presidency. “They” cried Full Repeal in the beginning but Speaker Ryan, behind closed doors with NO conservative input, thrusted the AHCA-Hell bill on the Congress in March 2017.
The rumors of a compromise, or caving-in, have been swirling since the Freedom Caucus kept Ryan’s original bill off the floor. A couple of private groups have been angered to enraged about the rumors, but today even more so about the MacArthur-Meadows amendment, the one that has yet to be voted on and fused into the AHCA.
My question, what happened to the clean, one sentence, FULL Repeal Bill?
Another question, what happens to the AHCA if more lines of whatever amendments get stacked into it? Do we have to wait for it to pass to see what is in it?
So here are the links I am going to read through, probably more than a few times, tonight and tomorrow to see how “they” #FrameTheDebate before I form an opinon on this next step to the not-full-repeal-and-hope-the-Senate-is-more-honest-in-full-repeal-than-the-wimpy-House-progressive-nightmare AHCA that requires the MacArthur-Meadows Amendment to be palatable.
- New ObamaCare replacement bill puts centrists on the spot…
- Club for Growth, FreedomWorks throw support behind latest GOP health plan
- A Reasonable Path Forward for the American Health Care ActA Reasonable Path Forward for the American Health Care Act
- FreedomWorks Urges House to Adopt MacArthur-Meadows Amendment AHCA
- Freedom Caucus rescues GOP on latest Obamacare screwup Posted April 26, 2017 02:03 PM by Chris Pandolfo
- Freedom Caucus tried its best, but Obamacare bill is still lousy – Posted April 26, 2017 12:19 PM by Daniel Horowitz
- With Support From Conservatives, House Republicans Move Closer to Obamacare Repeal Deal
- House Healthcare Bill Moving in the Right Direction