This was my week. It was my week to jump back into Rowing, Running, Jumping Rope and perhaps Bowling. I had accomplished the first CrossRope Challenge and rowed the Concept Summer Solstice Challenge to complete my first half-marathon. And the second CrossRope event today was going to be my crowning glory!
At 3:30 p.m., I banged my big toe with a solid wood core door. The nail immediately looked like a tragedy and it is still painful at 8:16 p.m. It is going to fall off, most definite.
Bandaid-ing it up, making sure all of my blisters on my feet were neosporined and bandaged too, I donned my socks and Altras. With some pain on both feet, as I walked to the mats, I prepared myself to jump 250 revolutions, for time, with my one pound CrossRope.
My toe was rebelling.
I jumped again.
Nope. Not happening. The big toe was screaming like a stuck pig.
My week of ecstasy is over in two failed swoops of the rope.
Count My Blessings Today: Name Them One By One
- Thank you Bluebell Vanilla Ice Cream
- Thanks again, Amanda and Lyn, for Fresh, Homemade Strawberry Jam.
- Thank you Honey-do for getting the #SinFood in the dish for me to enjoy.
- THANK YOU Richard C. for your help, again, in fixing the other part of the trim on my truck.
- Thanks to Charlie R. for being such a delightful reminder about the simple joys in life.
- Thanks to Marty and Steph for the door that I could pass on to someone else who truly appreciates it!
- Thanks to Steph for helping me load it in my truck.
- Thanks to Jonathan for a wonderful conversation today. It was great to see you!
There. I feel much better now.