The other day Mike Lee was on Glenn Beck’s Radio Program. Today I want to pull out some phrasing that stuck with me from the conversation and why the fight to hold our ground for FULL REPEAL matters more than ever.
- — this is the amendment that would have allowed people on the exchange to offer an insurance policy that a consumer would want to buy and an insurer would want to offer,
- They watered that down to say…
- … it wouldn’t do so nearly as much as it would if you just adopted the full consumer freedom amendment, as we have negotiated it.
- …it’s moved further to the left. They have now gotten rid of about half...
- They’ve added a bunch of other stuff to it that I have questions about, including $45 billion to be spent in some unknown way,…
- they’ve watered down this key provision …. this thing just keeps moving to the left
Yep. Mike Lee speaks the words of the Forgotten Man. He addresses the reason why many of us are so mad we could spit! So why Hugh Hewitt does not understand that the Forgotten Man is sick and tired of the Progressive Republicans telling us we have to move forward in increments is beyond me.
INCREMENTS do not lie. We are being moved further to the left so thank God Mike Lee knows how to stand for something.
- This bill is really good to the insurance industry.
- … some provisions that someone would describe as bailouts.
- …contains all kinds of relief for this or for that kind of interest.
Okay. Does Hugh Hewitt think those kinds of increments are better than Obamacare? And does Hugh think the GOP should lockstep blindly to his incremental drumming? (Ten points to Chris Lloyd for calling HH out!)
Moving on. Mike Lee says and I quote it entirely:
“The person it leaves out is the forgotten man, the forgotten woman, the middle class American who is struggling to get by, who is seeing health care premiums hike over and over and over again, even as deductibles have skyrocketed and coverage has become less pervasive. And this bill doesn’t provide enough relief to them. I want to make sure that the forgotten man and the forgotten woman in America are forgotten no more. And that we get Washington, DC, out of their way.”
Yes. That is why I stand with Mike Lee. He is steeped in the knowledge that power comes from principles of self-reliance through the value of work and freedom to choose those things that give us, the taxpaying middle class, the unalienable right to pursue life, liberty and happiness.
New Hashtags: #GetWashingtonDCOuttaMyWay #IWillNotBeForgotten
Therefore #FullRepeal. Basta.