Years ago a young man gave a talk about being called Green and Greenie. It is an affectionate term that often refers to the newest and least experienced person on the team or in the group. After several years had passed he said people continued to refer to him as Green and he took it as a significant compliment.
“Green is the color of springtime. It means new growth and growing,” he said. “It means I am not old, dried out, or dead.”
When I hear people flippantly or pointedly go after Glenn Beck for his company shake ups and changes in his programming or The Blaze, that story comes to my mind. Glenn’s business is like a green garden filled with incredible variety. It is growing and changing with the seasons. It is not an old, dried out, or dead garden. It is very much alive. It is prone to experiencing what every good gardner knows must happen to a properly tended garden: pruning.
Perhaps if people, society in general, and especially the MSM, had more experience as Green Gardeners, they too would become skilled pruners in thought, word, and deed. Then they could recognize and understand the patient, perseverant nature of a Master Gardener in the making as he learns how to better tend to his garden.
- Oh yeah, I LOVE Pat Gray: Unleashed.
- I watch The Blaze on Roku.
- Ususally leave The Blaze running ALL DAY because I really enjoy it.
- And yes, I listen to the repeats during the day, oh yes I do.
- I do miss Raj, Buck, Tara, Will, and so many others.
- Love the archives and specials!
- The Serials are fantastic and downloadable.
- Oh yeah, and Shootin’ Time on Saturdays!
- Got a big kick out of Independence USA.