In case you missed Jim DeMint on The Byron York Show #20: Jim DeMint–Remember Him?–Talks Biden, Pelosi, Trump please listen to it. Pay special attention beginning at the 12:00 minute mark.
Jim did what he said he would do which was to step down at the end of two terms. He has always been a proponent for #TermLimits. He is the Chairman of Conservative Partnership Institute (CPI). And Jim, for his term limit example, is one of many reasons why I donate monthly to CPI.
I believe in #TermLimits. And here is how I put my money where my mouth is:
Imagine Your Name Here,
My name is Jody and like you, I am a Patriot and a member of the Conservative Partnership Institute (CPI).
As an Active Duty Air Force Spouse, I am a monthly donor to the Conservative Partnership Institute and I’d like to share with you why I donate and invite you to consider doing the same.
After working for many years to get and keep Conservatives in office, it has been disheartening to see so many men and women immediately forget their campaign promises. Even worse, too many have become part of the Swamp machine.
It is infuriating how the Washington Establishment uses every carrot and stick in the book to corrupt good men and women.
Like you, I am continually encouraged as I watch CPI’s mission unfold.
CPI’s mission is to support conservatives on Capitol Hill and help teach them how to become more effective in advancing our shared values. More importantly, CPI helps keep good people oriented toward and steeped in the foundational principles of good governance.
When Senator Jim DeMint was in Congress he saw first-hand exactly how the Establishment keeps conservative policy victories from being achieved.
He identified three key areas where the Establishment was hamstringing Conservatives:
1. Most Congressional staff were establishment stooges not conservative fighters.
2. Very few Members of Congress or their staff knew how to use Congressional rules to advance conservative policies.
3. Conservatives – by and large – were not unified in purpose.
I loved that CPI was created to address each of these specific obstacles and it’s exciting to know that Jim DeMint and his staff do the following to effect change:
1. Surround Members of Congress with conservative staff who are dedicated to the same principles as their boss.
2. Train Congressional staff and Congressmen in the tactical skills and parliamentary procedure necessary to advance our shared conservative values.
3. Unite the conservative movement by providing office and meeting space to over two dozen conservative organizations and Members of Congress. It is thrilling to see how they are literally bringing the conservative movement together under one roof.
Over the last two years CPI has proved to be one of the most effective and truly conservative organizations in Washington, D.C.
I love this quote from House Freedom Caucus Congressman Ken Buck, and it’s a key reason why I contribute monthly to CPI:
“CPI is the only organization providing weapon’s grade trainings on the tactics required to advance good conservative policy. My staff and I are more effective because of CPI’s trainings.”
(Your Name Here), by donating monthly, you and I ensure that CPI has the ability to provide these critical resources to our fighters in Congress.
Will you please join me in making a monthly donation to the Conservative Partnership Institute, even if it is only $5 a month? (And if you can give more, please do!)
CPI Monthly Donor
I know I posted this email solicitation the other day but reading about #TermLimitsLegislation today made me want to place emphasis on CPI as a way to move members of Congress and staff members in that direction. We are the bottom up. Congress is the top down. CPI can help open an effectual door with our support.