Dear Bill Posey,
So the House passed a meager tax plan, a meager First Step toward Tax Reform, and that is nice. But now the fight begins with the Senate Bill, not passed, and currently lacking in its own right.
Will you please address issues like why you are for or against SALT, the Parent Tax Penalty, killing the Death Tax and killing Obamacare Tax on your Facebook page and your YouTube page and your Home Page?
To quote the Conservative Partnership Institute Memo: Read the memo below and on CAP’s website.
Please, post on your social media sites substantial discussions regarding:
- Maintain the domestic spending cap passed in the Budget Control Act (BCA)
- Do not bail out health insurance companies.
- Pay for future emergency spending.
- And I add the items in paragraph 2 as previously mentioned.
Cutting your office expenses, by example, was a lovely gesture. But it is not enough after nine years in Congress.
Where is the legislation you are pressing to make the changes that are useful to your constituents? To the American Taxpayers?
Where are your Conservative-Libertarian policies clearly articulated so we, your constituents, can actively support you in pressing forward with a solid platform agenda for substantial and lasting change?
Did you see this great opinion piece by Rachel Bovard in THE HILL, yesterday?
What are you fighting for? Another Continuing Resolution? Have I missed your posts about what you are doing to reach a deal on funding the government? What do you stand for? What are you willing to cut? What are you doing, by example regarding this scenario?
“It’s a nightmare scenario for conservatives. For Republicans, it represents a hypocrisy they will have to grapple with for decades. In 2016, the party platform promised “firm caps on future debt,” a full repeal of ObamaCare, and opposition to any form of amnesty.” ~ Rachel Bovard
Here is another great opinion. Dave Ramsey on WHAT IF THE AMERICAN ECONOMY FAILS published February 3, 2017:
So here we are. You and me. And I still want to know:
- What are you doing as a Leader?
- As a Leader, what are YOUR key issues and what do you want your consitutents to press forward in promoting to help you push through meaningful, substantive legislation to end this nine year nightmare secnario?