For several years I have been hearing the word atone thrown around. It always bothers me when it is used by characters in programs or by news readers discussing how he or she or someone has atoned for their sins.
I believe that only Jesus Christ could make the perfect atonement for sin. He atoned for our sins. I can, you can, accept His atoning sacrifice to be forgiven of sins through repentance.
THE ATONEMENT ~ Elder Russell M. Nelson
THE SUPERNAL GIFT OF THE ATONEMENT ~ Elder James E. Faust
ATONEMENT, AGENCY, ACCOUNTABILITY ~ Elder Boyd K. Packer
Last week I rewatched THE ULTIMATE GIFT and tonight I am watching the next show in the series, THE ULTIMATE LIFE. In one scene Red jumps a train with Hobo Joe and Joe talks about making his Golden List.
So here is mine:
- Two loving doggies who snuggle when I am watching a movie.
- My Charlie R. took a 2 hour nap today.
- And his brother, Big A who went on a walk even though he did not feel very well.
- CrossRope Jump-roping today with severely wounded toes.
- Rowing intervals to get my blood pumping.
- Latisha for handling the issues with my husband’s special order suits and shirt.
- Chocolate Almond Milk.
- Kindly neighbors who look out for us.
- The beauty of the earth in the warmth of today’s sunshine.
- For the miracle of forgiveness and the peace it brings.