It is tax time and GOP leadership is going on about Tax plans. Well, how about #FullRepeal? Where is the talk about #Obamacare=the #ACA being a TAX PLAN?
As we all know, two years ago, Chief Justice John Roberts changed the Affordable Care Act’s individual mandate into a tax and thus rescued President Obama’s signature legislation. What you may not know is that with this slight of hand—or flick of the wrist—he actually sent Obamacare flying from the constitutional frying pan into the constitutional fire. ~ Ilya Shapiro, MAY 12, 2014 @ 12:24 AM
Shapiro goes on to quote John Marshall, where Marshall “wrote in the foundational 1819 case of McCulloch v. Maryland“:
“The power to tax is the power to destroy,”
So Mr. Speaker. How about #FullRepeal and #CutCapandBalance? And while you are doing that, #MakeGovernmentSmallAgain. #Basta!
Today I visited my Congressman’s home page and saw he has a 2017 Constituent Survey up. Here is my response to Bill Posey’s first eight survey statements:
Dear Bill Posey:
To answer your 2017 Constituent Survey:
1) Yes it is important to always temporarily restrict travel from nations that we know pose a serious national security threat to the United States of America.
2) Social Security is a nightmare. It has grown larger and more out of control than it was ever meant to be. It was originally designed to help people in their last years when they could not work, not the disaster it is now is become. It is a ponzi scheme therefore, your poll statement is horrible and is absolutely the wrong discussion to press forward. Read this Social Security Primer.
3) Yes. Put a five year-ban on White House and Congressional officials from becoming lobbyists after they leave government service.
4) Yes. Cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities and begin removing criminal and illegal immigrants.
5) Secure the border and ENFORCE CURRENT IMMIGRATION first before you start a web of new laws to reform what is probably not broken.
6) Yes. A border wall/barrier is reasonable and an effective part of keeping illegals out.
7) YES to Fully Repeal ObamaCare and Get Government OUT of Health Care. RESTORE THE FREE MARKET.
- And by the way, Speaker Ryan’s AHCA stinks so NO to the #Ryanocare bill, just to be clear:
8) NAFTA needs improvement so be sure to break open transparent discussions on the subject as you move forward on what should happen next.
Part 2, with 9-15 tomorrow. #MakeDCListen
Screenshot of Weather.com
The weather has taken a turn over the last few days by increasing in damp coldness. After ten years in Florida with realtively mild Space Coast winters, the Montgomery days of warm and c-o-l-d with raining weather have taken a toll on me. The sneezing, watery eyes, itchy ears and face have come on slowly until it has just about taken me down this evening. I am definitely not wanting to line up for a second go of bronchitis this first quarter of 2017.
My coaches from 26.2 CrossFit can mock me now for all of the times I teased them, mercilessly, for wearing hoodies in low 60 degree weather. Well, except for the fact that today it was WAY colder than Space Coast weather where I now live (shoutout to Guns Out CrossFit).
Sneezing like a typhoon throughout the day, it is now time to crawl under my electric blankey, drift off to Neverland dreaming of the day when Paul Ryan’s sickly version of the ACA and #Obamacare are fully repealed. Repeat: FULLY Repealed then replaced with Free Markets!
After going through yesterday’s nightmare analysis of #Ryanocare and learning of Vice President Pence’s warning I felt spitting mad. However, a few things have happened since Speaker Ryan’s announcement that brought me great pleasure because honestly, I am sick of Leftwing Republican Leadership (LRL House and Senate – you have clink a bunch of different links).
It is high time for the full on Republican Revolt.
Mike Lee and Ted Cruz have been fighting totalitarians in and out of the party at great personal expense for a long time, God Bless them. They have been the the most vocal, most principled and consistent conservatives in taking on Team LRL. Surely now is the time for the Republicans and Conservatarians in Congress to step up, speak out, and press forward with a serious #FullRepealFirst bill and then move on to Cut, Cap, and Balance the Budget with Mike and Ted.
BTW, I am looking for a less cautious statement, Senator Cruz.
Now for the Good News:
1) Thanks Jim Jordan: GOP Congressman to introduce alternate Obamacare repeal bill
2) Thanks Mike Lee, you know how to #FrameTheDebate: This Is Not The Repeal Bill We Have Been Waiting For
3) Thanks Rand Paul: Exclusive – Sen. Rand Paul on Paul Ryan’s Obamacare Lite...
Reading through so much info on the, alleged, Republican Obamacare bill today, all I feel is disgust. Paul Ryan and Mike Pence and all of the GOP Leadership appear to be exercising sophistry against the Conservatives in Congress with this #Ryanocare plan.
So to my friend who asked me what I think: I am so mad I could spit.
“In many ways, the House Republican proposal released last night not only accepts the flawed progressive premises of Obamacare but expands upon them. Ronald Reagan once said, ‘Government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.’ The AHCA does all three.”
In lieu of spitting or spewing out words in rage, I am posting all of the things I have read today that matter most to me. Yeah, right after stating how irritating it is that Paul Ryan was supported as the Speaker of the House. Yeah. I could spit over that one too.
To everyone who voted for Speaker Ryan to remain in power, how is that working out for you now?
Oooo, that Mike Pence. Yeah. Wanting to spit over the Pence article below, my advice to members of congress, especially mine in Florida: #REVOLTandFULLREPEAL.
Read why #RyanocareHell = #ObamacareHell and then take it to your member of Congress. (And please, if you spit, do not tell them I sent you.)
- The Republican Bill Misses the Mark
- Republican plan to attract healthy may be as ineffective as Obamacare’s mandate
- A Health-Care Mystery
- GOP Plan Fails to Move Past Obamacare’s Progressive Promise
- Rep. Thomas Massie: GOP Obamacare repeal ‘stinking pile of garbage’ written by the ‘insurance lobby,’ and it ‘will fail’
- Trump administration won’t guarantee Americans can keep their doctors under Obamacare replacement
- The GOP Repeal Plan Sucks. But Is It Better Than Nothing?
- Levin Explains Why ‘Rinocare’ Threatens the American Way of Life
- Mike Pence Warns GOP lawmakers against healthcare revolt
- Why House Republicans Are Rewriting Their Obamacare ‘Replacement’
- Freedom Caucus Rolls Out Incredibly Novel Health Care Plan: Repeal Obamacare Entirely
There was a great tweet that Andrew C. McCarthy put out regarding an interview with Sebastian Gorka on PBS. When Andrew recommends something you know it is definitely worth looking into. And wowser was it worth watching. Sebastian Gorka can #FrameTheDebate.
- The Gorka Briefing
- iWar: Waging War in the Information Age
SEBASTIAN GORKA: HOW WE DEFEAT THE GLOBAL JIHAD
- The Swamp Takes Aim at Seb Gorka
WHEN will GOP Leadership just go with the flow and have an UP or DOWN VOTE on #FullRepeal?
Or is the GOP Leadership afraid to merely shut up and and simply vote Yes or No on #FullRepeal?
Jim Jordan did a fantastic job on ABC yesterday. He understands how to #FrameTheDebate when it comes to #ObamacareHell. Jordan understands that:
- Americans have lost their doctors.
- Americans are paying penalties for care they cannot afford nor deserve.
- Americans have outrageous increases in premiums that keep going up.
- Americans know the ACA is a taxpayer nightmare for generations to come.
- Americans know they had the best healthcare system in the world long before the Progressives began meddling in and changing the system.
- Americans know that Congress has the right to to FULL REPEAL ALL OF THE ACA.
- Americans know Congress has the power to set the nation back on proper course.
To clarify things for Republican Leadership:
- Americans know Jim Jordan is keeping his promise to fully repeal Obamacare.
- Americans support Jim Jordan for his integrity in pressing forward with #FullRepeal.
- Americans heartedly commend Jim Jordan for breaking away from weak Republican Leadership.
And to be sure there is no misunderstanding, Americans are sick and tired of middle-of-the-road–milk toast – mediocre Republicans in the House and Senate. Americans will no longer tolerate your backroom dealings with your front room facades.
The #BetterWay, the best solution, is to simply vote on One Sentence: Full Repeal First.
- Exclusive – Rep. Jim Jordan: The Nine Lies Americans Were Told About Obamacare
- Four Questions And Answers About Jonathan Gruber’s Obamacare Lies
- Wilson: ‘You lie’ has been vindicated
- Joe Wilson Proved Right. Obama Did Lie on Illegal Alien Health Coverage
- Top 10 Disasters of Obamacare
- New Numbers Confirm Obamacare Is Collapsing