When I saw this headline in the Deseret News the other day, I thought blood would shoot out of my eyes.
Why Jeff Flake says the 2020 election is a chance for Republicans to save their souls
Jeff Flake for U.S. Senate – Monday, April 30, 2012
Yes. Jeff Flake was endorsed, after having been vetted by my favorite conservative watchdogs, The Senate Conservatives Fund (SFC). SFC was Jim DeMint’s flagship to get true conservatives elected into the Senate. Team members carefully vetted, and still do, every candidate they endorse. Flake was no exception. Plus, Flake had a really good record from serving in the House.
What happened, Jeff?
As SCF supporters know, Jeff Flake misled us and misled the voters in Arizona when he said he would never support amnesty for illegal immigrants again. Shortly after he won his Senate race in 2012, he broke that promise and sided with Senator John McCain (R-AZ) and other liberals in pushing amnesty.
Yes. Oh yeah, that Jeff Flake misled and betrayed voters less than a year from his being elected into the Senate. That shockwave is never forgotten by those of us gobsmacked by his blatant betrayal. That is why many of us loathe him now.
But wait. There’s more. There is always more with Jeff Flake. And my questions are:
- Who’s backing him?
- Where are his funds coming from?
- How did they get him to flip?
The media need to know, when reporting on Senator Flake and his “book,” that the author is a deceiver out for personal and financial gain. I also call on my conservative brethren to denounce this impostor, who dishonorably claims to speak for conservatism, in the strongest possible terms.
Bozell: Media Must Report the Facts About ‘Imposter’ Jeff Flake
- How Jeff Flake Became the Most Unpopular Senator in America
- Jeff Flake Signs on to CBS News After Ruling out Primary
- ‘This American Life’s’ Jeff Flake Hagiography Ignores GOP Leadership’s Dysfunction
- Jeff Flake Touts Gun Control, Bashes GOP For Engaging In Culture War
- Jeff Flake holds judicial nominees HOSTAGE to Mueller protection bill, forces GOP to drop confirmation votes
- Jeff Flake’s constitutionally challenged last stand
- Levin: Jeff Flake is no Barry Goldwater. He’s a sellout liberal.